International and European law
International and European law — Family Office
IBA 28th Annual International Private Client Conference
5-7 March 2023 (Claridge's, London England)
IBA 28th Annual International Private Client Conference on the theme "New Realities in the Private Client Practice", presented by the IBA Private Client Tax Committee and supported by the IBA Family Law Committee.
Participation of Patricia KEMAYOU MENGUE, Head of the Corporate & Tax Department and Ewelina WASOWSKA, Head of the Family Office Department.
The programme includes sessions/workshops, meetings, sharing views and exchanging information with practitioners from a wide range of civil and common law jurisdictions on current issues and fundamental questions of international planning, with the interests of our private clients in mind.
Among the most debated issues:
- taxation in a cross-border context (individuals, wealth structures) of capital and income transfers, tax treaties;
- asset protection and investment structures in civil and common law jurisdictions;
- the use of trusts as planning and protection tools;
- international inheritance issues and conflict of laws (succession rules, heirs with right of retention, etc.)
- creditor claims against trusts and estates; etc.
"The International Bar Association (IBA), established in 1947, is the world’s leading organisation of international legal practitioners, bar associations, law firms and law societies.The IBA influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession throughout the world. It has a membership of more than 80,000 individual lawyers and more than 190 bar associations and law societies spanning over 170 countries"
The conference programme in detail on the official IBA page >https://www.ibanet.org/confere...
IT and communication law
Apr 5, 2023
International Network of Privacy Law Professionals (INPLP) 2022 Activity Report
Feb 2, 2023